Welcome to Karaoke ESL!
This is the home of our fun method for both learning and perfecting your English. We primarily focus on spoken English. Note that the tabs across the top contain more information which can quickly be navigated to by hovering your mouse over the “Edupunk English” tab.
Currently we meet on Thursdays and Sundays but check the course calendar to be sure. The Edupunk English course uses many methods to improve your fluency. With this “Karaoke English” class we focus on pronunciation and accents. We will use one of the songs (Curriculum Tab) each month as a group activity. However you can work independently on any song (song list HERE ) that you like. Several days each week are dedicated to “Help Desk”. At that time we can work one-on-one with more coaching, if needed.NOTE: There are support materials requiring an mp3 player for your enjoyment of both the song and rehearsing for fluency. YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO SING IN CLASS (whew )
In a given month the general flow of the song worksheet steps will be:
- week 1 – steps 1&2 coached rehearsing of lyrics
- week 2 – steps 3,4&5 memory development
- week 3 – step 6 coached rehearsing of scripted questions and answers
- week 4 – step 7&8 performance in group conversation
The following links are some old postings that give you an idea of where we came from with Karaoke ESL:
Click HERE for recent news about this class.
- Link back to Edupunk Course introductionHERE
- Link to QF (Quick Fix) class description HERE
- Link to Advanced Topics class description HERE
- Link to Karaoke English class description HERE
- Link to Cartoon English class description HERE
- Link to Techlish (Technical English) description HERE
- Link to Help Desk class description HERE
- Link to class CalendarHERE
- Link to Future class ideas HERE
- Link to JOIN US! page HERE